Voting

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Old Fashioned Adventures....


I never got to meet my paternal grandma. She died as a result of a tragic car accident when my dad was only 11. Grandma Doris left behind a legacy both through her children as well as her writing. Growing up, I loved it when my mom would read us stories from "Musings of a Mother" --a collection of Doris' musings on motherhood, being a wife and a follower of Jesus Christ and "Mommy of the Mixing Bowl"--a biography of grandma Doris' life.


As a child I loved the stories because it was a way to "meet" my grandma and hear about my dad's childhood. Now as an adult and mother of two, these musings are treasures of wisdom that I can learn from. The world I live in today is vastly different than it was 60 years ago when Doris penned these thoughts, but the life lessons she share still are so relevant! Today I find myself wishing that my copy of the book wasn't hiding in storage--I can't wait until we move into our new house and I get to upack it! So, in case you were wondering about the title of my blog...this is where it came from!


As for the old fashioned adventures, I am a stay at home momma and find myself thoroughly enjoying it! I love baking, sewing, photography, being with my sweet little girls and most recently cloth diapering. I thought it might be fun to chronicle my adventures for anyone who might be interested. SO here it goes....


No comments:

Post a Comment